Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Vertigo Convertant

Back from a great short trip with Vince, Jenny, Clara, Youjie, Jud, Lala and Ken. Super fun bunch of people to go on a trip with.

All very easy-going. Not wishy washy. Very decisive. Not much time wasted deciding what to eat unlike some other trips. Very efficient!

Food.
We had a great variety. From 530am dimsum, to ramly burgers, to Fexpensive Chilli's, to cheap cheap fish and chips and not forgetting all time favourtie Secret Recipe.

10points deducted from Secret Recipe @ Bukit Bintang thou. For the Fousy customer service. How can a secret recipe staff not know what cake he is serving.

Weather

The weather in KL was hot as usual, measuring up to 36C at one point in time. The last day rained however. It was deja vu all again. haHaa. reminder of what happen for a previous team trip where it flooded pretty bad. We were lucky this time round though as we managed to escape the downpour in time.

Climbing

Climbing was good. Very focused. My aim for the trip was to do vertical and I achieved it. Totally. Spent 90% of my time there climbing high wall. Alot of interesting routes. But I kinda focused more on the more inclined walls rather than the chimney, balancing routes. Managed to send two 7a+s! Not sure if the grades are really solid. But still, it was really a personal achievement for me! Never thought I could send anything harder than a 6b+. So these sends kinda motivated me for the trip.

Somehow I manage to find some sort of serenity when I am doing vertical. I like it.

Overall, it was a great trip. Cheap movies, Cheap food, SO-SO lodging, and most importantly, Great COMPANY.

Youjie, Jensen- All the best with your work
Clara- All the best for your 50pages FYP
Ken- Hope you regained your confidence!
vincent- Thanks for the talkie! and........................so.........WHATCHA SAY!
Jud, lala- UTU results coming out!!!!

No comments: